When creating a web design and setting up a goal of what you want it to be like, there are many aspects to consider. One thing that businesses often gravitate towards is making it visually appealing or entertaining in content. And while those aspects are very important to project as a goal, you also want your website to encompass more.
SEO-friendly may not be the first adjective you link with a web design, but it’s genuinely important that your site would appeal to the search engines. There are several challenges and tools in relation to developing an SEO-friendly website, and it’s equally significant to take note of them.
Keep reading if you want to learn more about why you should create an SEO-friendly website, the potential hurdles, and the refining assets.
Why Develop an SEO-Friendly Web Design?
SEO is an important concept when it comes to developing websites, with the two intricately intertwined with one another. You need to think about what helps your SEO to spot the optimal elements you should have in your web design. In turn, excellent web design increases your SEO ranking and makes the site more impactful in the long run.
A web design should check all the boxes in a search engine’s algorithm to improve the site’s visibility. Give Google, Bing and several other search engines a reason to believe that your website will be helpful to a person’s query while delivering a good and easy user experience.
What Impedes an SEO-Friendly Web Design?
There are several challenges that can hinder an SEO-friendly website design, though most of these can be rather easy to rectify. Be sure to utilize analytic tools that can help you pinpoint what exactly is keeping your web design unoptimized. Here are three common things that can impede your website design’s SEO-friendliness.
- Inefficient Content Format. Good content should always be accompanied by an easy-to-read format. Having everything jumbled and unreadable will make your site visitors click off right away.
- Slow Loading Speed. Another thing that can make your site visitors exit a page is because it’s taking too long to load. Google PageSpeed Insights and WebPageTest are two tools you can use to check your site’s loading speed and pinpoint the issues.
- URL Problems. If there’s a lot of blanks or question marks popping up on your website, you may have to take a look at your URLs. Inspect and correct everything, from the photos and videos displayed down to all the texts on the web pages.
What Improves an SEO-Friendly Web Design?
Developing an SEO-friendly web design isn’t just about knowing what can impede it but also about what can improve it. Several techniques can make your site’s design much more attractive to several sites, and here are just a couple of them:
- Include Copy. Your website design should include an optimized copy that has the relevant keywords on your site. A well-positioned copy takes up little space, but it can create a great impact on your SEO.
- Keyword Research. Your site’s copy isn’t the only thing that should contain keywords. As you’re inputting content into your design, ensure that it has the proper keywords that will help make the pages more visible.
- Site Map Construction. The blueprint of your site should be constructed with attention to detail. How easy your web design is to navigate and load up will play a part in the SEO traffic that the site will garner at the beginning and in the long run.
With this, you should understand the impotence of integrating optimization techniques with your web design. SEO-friendly website designs can generate the best results, so strive to have one under your business.
Looking for search engine optimization services in Calgary? Distinctive Marketing Solutions is driven to provide clients with excellent and cost-effective marketing solutions that will benefit their business. Get in touch with us today!