Digital marketing has become a buzzword nowadays. People who are doing online business have to know it very well. Because if you don’t know it properly, going forward may be difficult for you. So, In this article, We will discuss A to Z of Digital Marketing. We will try to cover each and every detail of Digital Marketing.
So, let’s start.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a procedure of advertising and selling products and services by utilizing online marketing tactics.
Digital marketing is simply a method of marketing. But this marketing is done digitally because this marketing process is done in Online. So, no physical person is needed to make this happen. All you have to know how to do digital marketing, when to do and who will do this.
Types of Digital Marketing
There are many types of digital marketing. Let’s check them one by one:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Sponsored Content
And some others. So, we will try to brief each term so you can understand what they mean.
Search Engine Optimization ( SEO )
This is the most popular and powerful marketing. It has three parts.
- On Page SEO: This is the process of optimizing individual web pages to get more relevant traffic in search engines. It refers to both the content and source code of a page that can be optimized. It includes optimizing the Keywords, Meta tags, Meta Descriptions, Image Alt Tages, Keyword usages, keywords density, etc.
- Off Page SEO: This is also known as Link Building. This type of SEO focuses on all of the activity that takes place “off the page” when working to ranking the website. Inbound links and outbound links, also known as backlinks are important to get rank. The number of websites that link to your site, and the relative “authority” of those sites, affect how highly you rank for the keywords you are targeting. By contacting other site owners and writing guest posts on those websites, you can earn the backlinks you need to move your website up on all the right SERPs.
- Technical SEO: It focuses on the backend work of your website including Image compression, structured data, CSS file optimization, and server optimization. These terms can increase your website’s loading speed, Responsiveness, and Mobile Fast index and helps to rank on Search Engines.
Content marketing is the process of creating and promoting content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation. The content marketing strategy includes:
- Blog posts: By publishing articles on a company blog, you can describe your industry and generates organic relevant search traffic for your business. Because this ultimately gives you more opportunities to convert the visitors into leads and also as a customer for your sales team.
- Infographics: Infographics are a form of visual content that helps website visitors visualize a concept you want to help them learn. This technical term is so much important in the SEO process and user experience.
Social Media Marketing
This process has to be done to promotes your brand and your content on social media networks to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads for your business. This includes:
So, Social awareness is a mindset for the customers. When they will see that you are renowned by thousands of visitors on social media then they will trust your business. This will generate organic visitors and sales. So, try to establish all the social channels.
Pay Per Click (PPC)
PPC is a technique of bringing traffic to your website. It is done by paying a publisher every time when your ad is clicked. There are many PPC techniques but the most popular type of Pay Per Click is Google Ads. It allows you to pay for top slots on Google’s search engine results. Other methods are:
- Facebook Advertisement: By Facebook Ads, users can pay to Facebook to advertise a video, image post, or slideshow. So, then Facebook will publish the content to the news feeds of people who match your business’s audience. Facebook ads will help you to reach real-time customers. Because you can select your customer audience by hundreds of targeting criteria.
- Twitter Ads campaigns: Here, someone can pay to place a series of posts or profile badges to the news feeds of a specific audience. So, you can gain website traffic, more followers, tweet engagement, or something else.
This is a type of advertising where you receive a commission for promoting someone else’s products or services on your website. Affiliate marketing channels include:
- Hosting video ads through the YouTube Partner Program.
- Posting affiliate links from your social media accounts.
- Posting affiliate link on the website (Such as Amazon affiliate)
This indicates the use of software that serves to automate your basic marketing operations. You need to perform some automated tasks that are not possible to do manually because that will take some time. So, by using the automation techniques, you can save your time and cost too. Such of them are listed below:
- Sending Email newsletters: Email automation doesn’t just allow you to automatically send emails to your subscribers. It can also help you shrink and expand your contact list as needed so your newsletters are only going to the people who want to see them in their inboxes. So, in this way, reaching customers and letting them know about special offers become easy.
- Social media post scheduling: If you want to grow your business online presence on a social network, you need to post regularly. Because it will help you to show your potentiality to your customers. Social media scheduling tools post your content to your social media channels for you at the right time. So, it makes your life easier and gives you time to maintain other tasks.
- Campaign Tracking: Marketing campaigns include thousands of different people, emails, content, web pages, phone calls, etc. So, Marketing automation can help you sort everything you work on by the campaign and track the performance of that campaign. You can observe each and every progress of the campaign and it will help you to take decision.
Organizations use email marketing as a way of communicating with their targeted audiences. Email is generally used to advertisements of content, discounts, and events to the targeted audience. This marketing campaign includes:
- Subscription newsletters.
- Follow-up emails
- Remember them about their checkout if they have any products on cart
- Customer welcome emails.
- Holiday and Special Day promotions
- Tips or similar series of emails for customer nurturing.
Inbound marketing indicates a marketing methodology where you attract, engage, and delight customers at every stage of the buyer’s journey. You can use every digital marketing process listed above, throughout an inbound marketing strategy, to create a customer experience. See some examples of inbound marketing:
- Blogging vs. pop-up ads
- Video marketing vs. commercial advertising
- Email contact lists vs. email spam
With sponsored content, you can pay another company or entity to create and promote your content that discusses your brand or service in some way. So, it will go to your audience and that will help you to reach more people worldwide.
One popular type of sponsored content is influencer marketing. With this type of sponsored content, a brand sponsors an influencer in its industry to publish posts or videos related to the company on social media. So, it’s an awesome technique to build up a big community and trust over the online world.
Another type of sponsored content could be a blog post or article that is written to highlight a topic, service, or brand.
So, these are the beginner knowledge to understand what is digital marketing and how it is done. If you need any more help with your website and anything regarding Digital marketing, don’t hesitate to contact us.